Fiddle Version of Blue Cheese Dressing

I cut the celery stalks in three strips and then dice them.
I cup diced celery is about 3 stalks

3 ounces of blue cheese (I weighed it first) is about 1/2 cup packed

This is the brand of unseasoned rice vinegar
I use in most of my cooking.

All the ingredients in the food processor ready to go!

Healthy Chunky and Yummy Blue Cheese Dressing!

The secret to my traditional blue cheese dressing has always been celery. It was an ingredient hardly anyone could identify but added a greater dimension to improving the flavor of the blue cheese dressing. So when I was trying to come up with a fiddle version of blue cheese I thought I would use the celery idea increase it. The celery gives it body and crunch without added fat or calories. I often add hot sauce to my blue cheese dressing. You can add any kind you like from Tabasco to Frank's Hot Sauce to Sriacha or Tapatio.

I originally created this fiddle version to go with the fiddle version of grilled buffalo wings. because that recipe is spicy in itself, I didn't add any hot sauce to the blue cheese dressing. So I'm leaving the hot sauce as an optional ingredient depending on how you are serving it and depending on if you like spicy food or not.

This recipe only has 1 point* in a 1/4 cup serving or 57 calories. Traditional Blue Cheese dressing has 302 calories in 1/4 cup or is 6 points. So this is a huge reduction while still retaining a lot of flavor and taste.

Meanwhile, I've lost another 2 pounds and am down to 145! I feel terrific.


Fiddle Version of Blue Cheese Dressing

3 ounces blue cheese (1/2 cup packed)
1 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon diced onion
1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt to taste

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend well.

*The Points® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Maili and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the Points® registered trademark.

Comments

Popular Posts