Fiddle Soft Boiled Eggs

Soft Boiled Eggs are one of my favorite childhood foods. I often make them for lunch because I'm such a cereal fanatic for breakfast.

I use four eggs and remove two of the yolks after they are cooked. I put in a teaspoon of butter and some salt. You can put two teaspoons of butter if you like. Add spinach for a vegetable on the side or put them on a bed of spinach on Ezekiel toast or your favorite kind of toast. I always like apples and spinach together so I seem to also eat an apple with this if I'm having it for lunch. I actually like grapefruit, apples, celery and spinach together in a salad, so you could have that as a side salad as well.

FIDDLE SOFT-BOILED EGGS

4 eggs, you will discard two yolks after they are cooked
2 teaspoons butter, (each teaspoon is 33 calories, so just use one if you'd like. but I love the taste of butter and eggs and so 2 teaspoons are perfect for me.)
Salt to taste

Place four eggs in cold water in a medium saucepan. Bring water to a boil. When water boils turn off the heat and set the timer for 7 or 8 minutes. The time will depend on how much you like your yolks cooked.

Remove from the water and slice in half, scoop egg out from shell with a spoon and put them into serving bowl. Discard the yolks from two of the eggs. Add the butter and salt and cut the eggs and butter together with two knives.

Serve with your favorite high fiber toast. Round out the meal with some spinach and apples.

225 calories, 18.3 g protein, 9% iron, 13% vitamin A


Comments

Popular Posts