Fiddle Artichoke Spread on The Silver Pen


My dear friend, Hollye Jacobs writes a beautiful inspirational blog called The Silver Pen I subscribe and enjoy getting the recipes, quotes, photos, knowledge and information.  It is truly terrific.  She recently posted my recipe for Artichoke Spread on her blog.  Here it is in both locations so you can find it.  


"Last night, I went to a dinner party and managed to pretty much gorge myself on appetizers. Specifically, Artichoke Spread from my adorable and talented friend, Chef Maili. Yumma. Yumma. Yumma. When I found out how healthy it is, well, then, I was enticed to have one more. And another. It was one of those kind of nights. I’m just sayin’….
So, if you want to have your guests drooling and swooning, I highly recommend this recipe. Another option for this yummyness would be to make a sandwich out of it, which would be perfect for a plane trip or picnic. The options are quite limitless (Silver Lining)." -Hollye 
Maili’s Artichoke Spread
Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons capers
  • 3 cans of artichoke hearts (in water not in oil…makes a big difference in taste and calories!), drained
  • Juice of one lemon
  • Zest of one lemon
  • 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan flakes
  • Bread option: Whole wheat semolina that is thin from farmer’s market is yummy.  A light rye toast would be good too. Then, there are always gluten free options.
Instructions
  • Puree all ingredients in a Cuisinart. That’s IT.
  • Put the spread on the bread and then toast it at 425 degrees for about 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan if desired.
Seriously easy peasy. And yummy. And, if eaten in moderation (good luck with that!), healthy!  Enjoy!

Maili's Note:  My friend, Marlene, made this recently and put it all in a baking dish, topped with Parmesan Cheese, baked it and served it with crackers.  So basically a healthier version of my sister's famous Artichoke Dip.

Comments

  1. It would be so nice if you would post more often....I like what I see. I am following you but would love to read more....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina,

      I'm sorry for the HUGE gap in my posts. I went through a horrible divorce after twenty years of marriage and it prevented me from writing for quite some time. My main blog is The Maili Files. www.themailifiles.blogspot.com

      I hope to get back to writing Fiddle Recipes as well. Thank you for your kind words.

      Maili

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts