Fiddle Version Chicken Salad


I will say that I really love pecans in chicken salad and I love the dried cherry and pecan chicken salad that I make frequently. http://themailifiles.blogspot.com/2009/04/chicken-salad-with-dried-cherries.html But I've had a number of requests for a Fiddle Version of that favorite recipe. I tested the Fiddle version on Sunday and brought it up to Solvang for my family to comment on and my sister and sister-in-law asked for the recipe right away. So here it is. Jason prefers his chicken salad on bread as a sandwich. I put mine on a bed of lettuce and ate it with two Finn-Crisp crackers (zero points*.)

I usually make 2 roast chickens for dinner the night or two before and then use the leftovers to make chicken salad. In this case, I had about 1 pound of chicken (or five cups) of leftovers. I pull the chicken into pieces. You could also chop it. I know a number of my friends by pre-made roast chicken from the grocery store and use those. I, of course, prefer to make my own.

I tried to figure out something crunchy to replace the pecans and so I substituted celery. But if you have some extra points to spare you could also add a few points worth of nuts to this salad.

But without nuts it is 3 points* per 1 cup serving. Enjoy!


Fiddle Version Chicken Salad

5 cups pulled or chopped chicken breast (about 1 pound)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon Plochman's Stone Ground mustard (or your favorite mustard)
20 grapes (1 cup), sliced in half lengthwise
1 cup diced apple, skin on (juice of one lemon squeezed over apple)
1 cup diced celery
1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
splash of vinegar or lemon

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle with salt or pepper to taste.

Serve on a sandwich or over a bed of lettuce.

3 points* per 1 cup serving. Serves 7.


*The Points® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Maili and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the Points® registered trademark.





Comments

Popular Posts