Fiddle Chicken Enchiladas

1 ounce of shredded chicken
(note that I cover my scale with plastic wrap for easy cleanup












These Chicken Enchiladas are only 126 calories each! I had two and was so full and was still under a 300 calorie meal. I did add a tablespoon of real sour cream (30 calories) because I love sour cream with Mexican food. I ate them with a large Cabbage Salad/Slaw (I'll eventually type up the link but I just sliced the cabbage as thin as I could, minced up a chili, chopped cilantro and then squeezed fresh lime juice over it and sprinkled salt. So refreshing! I had an apple afterward, but an orange or cantaloupe would have been nice too.

I had two boneless skinless chicken breasts that I sauteed on the stove and then shredded. You can use any cooked chicken you'd like and shred it yourself. I often make my own enchilada sauce but for ease and sake of time I used canned sauce in this recipe.

I'm very boring when it comes to certain foods. I love plain and simple things. So these are super simple. But you can add sauteed onions, fresh corn, and more chilies inside if you want something else. (I'm going to work on a vegetarian version with corn and zucchini inside) You can also add cooked spinach. All sorts of options. But I just went with chicken.

FIDDLE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
Makes 12 Enchiladas - 126 calories each

2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
12 corn tortillas
1 28-ounce can red enchilada sauce
1/2 cup shredded Mexican Cheese
(will get you calorie count on Queso Fresco but for ease I went with cheese they had at grocery store)


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Shred chicken breast.

Pour enchilda sauce into a container to dip tortillas in. Wrap corn tortillas in wet paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds. Turn over and microwave for another 30 seconds. (This will make the tortillas warm and pliable so they don't crack when you fold them.)

Dip the tortilla in the enchilada sauce and place 1 ounce of chicken down the middle of each tortilla. The place it seam side down in a casserole dish or baking pan. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and chicken.

I love very wet and moist enchiladas so I put the entire remaining can of sauce over the tortillas once I finished making them. Then I sprinkled them with the cheese and put them in a 350 oven for 15 minutes.

I serve 2 per person. They are 126 calories each so a total of 252 calories for 2. A great and hearty dinner, especially rounded out with cabbage and fruit.


Comments

Popular Posts