Fiddle Deviled Eggs


I've always loved Deviled Eggs. My husband on the other hand, who loves eggs, thought Deviled Eggs had too much mayonnaise in them or tasted too thick. He however, loved this new fiddle version because it was lighter and he liked the crunch of the celery.

I add water to my famous balsamic vinaigrette that i use when catering events. I don't add it because I think my clients are on a diet but because I actually like the consistency and taste when I add water. I don't want more oil taste or more vinegar taste. I've been adding water to my vinaigrette for years. So when I was making this and the mixture seemed a bit dry and I was debating about whether or not to add more mayonnaise, I thought I'd put two tablespoons of water in and see if that made it more creamy. It did! (If you want to add milk or some other liquid go ahead but I just used water.)

I also discarded for of the egg yolks. Because I needed more "filing" to fill up the remaining eggs I took one set of egg whites and minced that finely. Then I also added minced celery and minced mushroom. You can't taste the mushroom at all but the celery gives it a nice crunch. And then I've been kind of addicted to peperoncini peppers ever since I found out that 3 of them have only 5 calories. I've been thinking of 101 things to do with them and one idea was to mince them and put them in the deviled eggs. If for some reason you don't like the taste, just omit them and use cayenne pepper or nothing at all.

I usually count 2 as 1 serving. So each half is 27 calories so 54 calories for two or 1 point*. Great for an afternoon snack. If I'm particulary hungry I'll eat 4 for a snack.

FIDDLE DEVILED EGGS
Makes 22 halves. Each half is 27 calories.

1 dozen eggs, (4 yolks will be discarded after cooking)
2-3 peperoncini peppers, minced
1 tablespoon light Best Foods mayonnaise
2 teaspoons mustard
1 tablespoon minced Flat-Leaf parsley, optional
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 tablespoon minced celery
1 tablespoon minced white mushroom


1. Hardboil eggs: Fill saucepan halfway up with water. Gently place 12 eggs in the water. Bring water to a boil. When water boils, turn off heat and let eggs sit in hot water for 10 minutes. Pour of hot water and rinse in cold water until eggs are cool. Peel the eggs.

2. Slice the eggs in half and discard the yolks from the first 4 eggs. Put the remaining egg yolks in a bowl and line up the egg white. look for the two worst ones and use those to mince and add to the egg yolk mixture.

3. To the egg yolk mixture add peperoncini peppers, mayonnaise, mustard (your favorite kind), minced parsley, kosher salt, minced celery and minced white mushrooms. Mash all together with the back of a fork until well combined. If the mixture seems try then add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to make it creamier.

4. Stuff the eggs with the egg yolk mixture. Garish with paprika if you wish and serve.

*The Points® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Maili and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the Points® registered trademark.

Comments

Popular Posts