Creamy Pesto Italian Tomato Soup

I usually put recipes that people send to me on my Recipes from Friends blog. But since this one was truly part of the Fiddle Diet I thought I would put it here. - -Happy Fiddling Maili

Hi Maili,
I'm Rachel Coleman's sister and have been following your diet! Since you said others have been providing you with feedback, I decided to write you a quick email. With 8 days of palate purification (my trip to vegas started on day 9 :) ) I tried a diet coke and thought it was disgusting - It felt like I was extra aware of the syrup. Before the diet I drank at least 2 diet sodas per day and loved them.... so I thought. I also stopped using splenda in my tea and decided that I didn't need to go back to that!
One thing that I do like to make on Sundays (for quick meals during the week) and thought I would share with you to try/share with others was a new soup recipe! Please see below. Also, after this recipe and your chicken enchiladas, my fiance reacted like your son did and said "As long as you keep making these great recipes, I love this diet!"

Creamy Pesto Italian Tomato Soup
The Pesto part is just pouring it over Pesto - this soup without Pesto is 125 calories for 1 cup (on livestrong at least) - to make it to die for and with more calories (or for my fiance) I add the pesto - homemade of course!

Ingredients
2 tbsp Butter
1 cup chopped Onion
1 Garlic Clove
4 cups 1% Milk
42 oz Diced Tomatoes, drained (4-10.5oz cans of diced tomatoes)
1/4 cup Bread Flour
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
Melt butter in skillet, add onion and garlic. Saute until tender. Heat milk unit hot, do not boil. Process onion mixture, drained diced tomatoes, flour, tomato paste, salt and pepper in food processor until smooth. Add mixture to hot milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve plain or over a small dollop of pesto!
Feel free to share with anyone,
Kathryn Bristol

Comments

Popular Posts