Grapefruit

Ruby Red Grapefruit - One of my most favorite fruits


Grapefruit is the very best in Winter until Spring. They've been out in the market for about a month now and get juicier and tastier each time I buy them. I eat a half in the morning and then another half after lunch or dinner. They are packed with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, lycopene and fiber. All that for only 52 calories a half and you've got a real bang for your calories.

I love grapefruit in salads and will send a recipe soon for one with candied baby fennel, lobster and avocado. But right now I can't wait to eat one in the morning for breakfast and look forward to them as a satisfying snack any time of day! I also like them in the evening with my peppermint tea.

Calories 52, Fiber 6 grams, Protein .9 g, Vitamin C 64%, Vitamin A 28%, Calcium 3%

Grapefruit Health Benefits and another link on healthy grapefruit from the World's Healthiest Foods web site

and from the Happy Nutritionist web site:

Comments

Popular Posts