Bowls I use to Measure Servings

photography Amy Albertson
1/2 cup of Blackberries

photography Amy Albertson
1/4 cup of Grape Tomatoes



It is the little things in life that make me happy and somehow eating out of these little bowls makes me enjoy the food more! But they are more than just pretty, they are practical. Because I'm a chef and a caterer I own a number of serving bowls and containers. These little French bowls are exactly 1/4 of a cup, 1/2 cup and I also have some that are 1 cup.

For me, I feel like I'm in a spa or giving myself a treat when I'm eating out of these bowls. It also helps me to know how many servings of fruit or vegetables I'm getting in a day. So I'll put my grapes, berries, etc in the bowls and instead of eating them all at once I keep the bowl by my desk or in the kitchen and snack from it throughout the day. Somehow it feels like I'm getting more and when I just feel like popping something in my mouth I can eat 4 or 5 berries and still know they are being counted toward the total amount. And I know these bowls look a bit "overflowing" but I just poured directly from the measuring cup into the bowls. When I portion grapes I just count 20 grapes.

This is just a little tip that has helped me.

Comments

Popular Posts