Orzo Goat Cheese Mac and Cheese

Orzo Goat Cheese Mac and Cheese

This is so good I'm going to make it when I'm not on a diet! It was so good that I had it for both lunch and dinner. It is very filling and satisfying. I'm sure I could have made a smaller version (a half cup instead of 3/4 of a cup) and saved some points. But I loved having a full version.

If you are uncomfortable figuring out how much an ounce of cheese is I recommend a kitchen scale. An ounce sounds so tiny that you may think you don't get any cheese at all. So it is good to weigh it. Or to make it super easy, just buy a small 4 ounce package of goat cheese and cut it in half. Or double this recipe and use the whole thing! I'll definitely be making this again in the next few days (maybe even tomorrow!)

Orzo Goat Cheese Mac and Cheese

1 1/2 cups cooked orzo, rinsed and cooled
2 ounces goat cheese
1/4 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
(plain nonfat yogurt can be substituted if you can't get Greek yogurt)
1 tablespoon mint leaves, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt


Cook orzo in salted water. Rinse in cold water. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of the cooked orzo.

Combine in a bowl with the goat cheese, greek yogurt, mint leaves, black pepper, and salt. Use a back of a spoon to mash the goat cheese and then stir to evenly incorporate.

Put 3/4 of a cup in each shallow baking dish (I used square creme brulee dishes). Bake until warm and edges begin to brown. I put mine in my toaster oven and that worked perfectly for a quick snack.

The recipe easily doubles and can be made a day in advance.

5 points* per serving.

*The Points® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Maili and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the Points® registered trademark.





Comments

Popular Posts