Egg White, Tomato, Zucchini, Spinach Scramble



I eat a lot of cereal for breakfast so I often end up eating egg type dishes for lunch. You could even eat this for dinner. But I made it for lunch and my husband liked it so much that he asked me to make one for him. If you are not trying to be fit as a fiddle then go ahead and use the whole egg instead of just the whites.

Fiddle Version Egg White, Tomato and Zucchini Scramble

1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup zucchini, diced
1 cup baby spinach
another pinch of kosher salt
3 egg whites
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (or goat cheese or laughing cow cheese), optional

1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced, optional (my husband wanted this in his version. add jalapeno before the tomatoes and cook it until soft. then add the other ingredients.)

Place a 7-inch non-stick saute pan on medium high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and add the tomatoes to the hot pan. Sprinkle with salt and cook for one minute. Add the the zucchini and baby spinach and another pinch of salt. Cook until spinach is wilted and zucchini is slightly brown. Add egg whites and another small pinch of kosher salt if you wish. Add 1 tablespoon shredded or freshly grated parmesan cheese. Or you can use goat cheese or laughing cow light cheese.

The total for this is 3 points* But if you want to omit the cheese that would make it 2 points* To me the cheese is worth the extra point but that is because I love cheese!

My husband wanted jalapenos in his. I had some fresh ones so I added those. But you could also had a teaspoon of canned roasted jalapenos.




*The Points® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Maili and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the Points® registered trademark.

Comments

Popular Posts