Toasted Tomato Cheese Sandwich

photography Amy Albertson
Freshly Ground Pepper on the Sandwiches

photography Amy Albertson
1 3/4 of Sharp Cheddar Cheese

photography Amy Albertson
I was hungry so I took a bite before we got
the picture. I served it with Cucumber Salad
and Sparkling Water with Lime. I had grapes
for dessert.


This is my fall-back quick recipe when I have no time to plan anything. It takes about as long as it takes to slice a tomato. I've made it with little tiny cherry tomatoes and the regular vine-ripened tomatoes.

I have a toaster oven and I love it. I use it for so many things. If you don't have a toaster oven you can make these with the broiler in your oven.

The sharp cheddar cheese I buy at Fresh and Easy is already pre-sliced and is 3/4 of an ounce. So a lot of taste with only a few points. The melted cheese tastes so good! Since Amy was making pictures I made one for her and one for me!

Fiddle Version Toasted Tomato Cheese Sandwich

1 slice whole grain bread
4 slices of vine-ripened tomato
small sprinkle of Kosher salt and Freshly ground pepper.
1 slice of sharp cheddar cheese (NOT low fat or non-fat)

Layer all ingredients and then toast in toaster oven until cheese is melted.

3 points*. I served it with a 1/4 cup of cucumber salad, which is zero points* and then I had 20 grapes afterward which was one point. Sometimes I'll have a mandarin orange afterward instead. So total lunch with fruit was 4 points*.


*The Points® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Maili and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the Points® registered trademark.



Comments

Popular Posts